Samstag, 31. Oktober 2009

Hand Training

I want to start with a quote from Ross Enamit´s "Hand Training"- article

"Learn from my mistakes. Make time for hand training."

Well...a few days ago i did a sparring session with my training buddy and it went really well.
I was able to get in some nice jabs, i intercepted him nicely, i got in some really nice right hands, straight or wide. Even some nice bodyshots happened.
I don´t have to mention, he landed some quite beautiful punches and kicks too.

But due to a lack of punching-technique from my side combined with the new strength i got from my regular workouts i hurt my right thumb pretty badly.
While i´m writing this entry i got about 50% mobility in my thumb and those are painful.

So...what have i learned??

1)Adrenalin makes you forget your pain. So always train smart and listen to your body!
2)I will have to lay back for a while with stuff i love, like sandbag-, kettlebell, ring-training.
3)I have to make some more time for handtraining.

I started a while ago on the right trail with my mini-workouts that focus on hands and calves.
I´ll keep doing them.

But i have to throw in some more stuff.
-Different ways to challenge the grip(finger-pushups, knuckle-pushups, towel-pullups, pinch-grip-exercises with doors, different grips while doing my sandbag-exercises,...)
-isometric exercises for punches
-some basic punching training to get those flaws out of my technique

http://www.rosstraining.com/articles/trainingthehands.html
take a good look. this page is pure gold


What i want YOU to learn from my mistakes:

-work on your weaknesses!
-work hard!
-work smart!

NO ONE can start with 100%!! all the stuff you read, see here...take it easy, work at a steady pace, make small improvements over time.
SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE!!


i took a sparring situation, went all-out and paid the price.
What was the bill??
+strength
+conditioning
+mental capability to fight through fatique and pain
-technique training in the martial arts sector
+gave it all i got with every punch
--------
= good fight with bad outcome(aka injury)


so again: gradually build up to the highest level.
We will get there. Every day of training adds to my, to YOUR goal!

train hard, train smart, and enjoy the scenery along the way.
all the best,
harry

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen