Mittwoch, 21. Oktober 2009

The most beautiful thing

Why do you torture yourself like that?
What do you mean you ALWAYS train like that?
What can you possible gain from that?

Those are the questions i face when people see me training.

Well, there are several answers...
Health. Mental Strength. Physical Strength. Something i consider beauty. And much more.

But one thing i want to mention as a seperate point today.

When i read "Naked Warrior" by Pavel Tsatsouline i immediatly thought it´s not just about taking all the equipment away.

When you train with you maximal intensity, when you give all you can give, when you come to the point, when nothing in your body is left and your mind wants to stop all this...
This is the point, where we see what i think of as the "naked warrior".
In those moments, you see what you really are. You see how far you are willing to push this weak flesh wrapped around your mind, how far your mind can take you.
Those moments are what takes you to the next step. Because in those moments you learn more about yourself than in 5 years without...
Many people don´t want to see what is there or beyond. It´s scary. Because over there are all the weaknesses, fears, tears and tortures we can not endure.

Only if you step over a border, only then you know exactly where it is.
Only if you step over YOUR borders, only then you know who YOU REALLY ARE!


Since this is an open blog, i won´t go into all the details, but today i did a session with loaded conditionings, two 10min sets with a 5min break.
I pushed myself during this first 10min so far, i didn´t know i could go there.
Somewhere during the 5min break, i placed a phone-call that wasn´t done by me. It was placed by my "warrior within". I was honest in a way, my concious mind could seldomly be.
I can´t remember most of the call, the words, only the feeling is sharp in my mind.

I don´t know how else to describe this event, it was overwhelming. Maybe you get an idea.
I hope so... Because then you may now start you journey through the hedges of your conciousness, cutting, pushing aside, striving to know:

When all is taken from me, when there is nothing left but my decision to fight or flight... What am i gonna do?

"my heart, my mind, will carry my body when my limbs are too weak."

take care, train hard,
harry

2 Kommentare:

  1. Great Article, Harry.

    That's what really intense workouts are all about. Taking you to a different level of consciousness. The perspective is altered - if only for a moment.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Yeah...
    And those moments define who you are and who are you going to be...
    It´s just wonderful.

    AntwortenLöschen