Donnerstag, 21. April 2011

Update Velocity Diet Week 3

Ok, so what´s new...?

Basically everything is going according to plan.
Well...almost...

Last week I had some problems with my protein-order... I placed it last minute, panicked, re-routed it to Graz because I was afraid of the possibility of a 2-day-fasting.
The consequences were some delay in shipping and while I was traveling north to Linz the package was driven down southward to Graz...
Tough luck.
Lesson learned: make a choice, live with it, trust your instinct and if you panic and make the wrong decision you 1)still did better than making no decision at all and 2)live with the consequences.

So From Monday to today my Protein- intake was a bit too low and I kinda felt it during my workouts and afterwards, my energy- levels were kinda low but now I got my full supply which will let me cruise through the last few days...

What else...
I feel more athletic. I did some hill sprinting today, not conditioning style but with ample rest between the sprints (I think between 2-3 minutes) so it was more like a explosive- strength workout...

Right now I do not see as much progress with the body composition as I did during the first 2 weeks but as long as I at least keep my athletic level and learn something about my mindset I´m ok with that.

To be honest I expected the decrease in body fat would increase this week because I cut the raw milk in my shakes and stuck with water.
Maybe it was the decreased amount of protein, maybe I just do not see it because I´m biased...I do not give a sh*t...
It is happening, I set a goal and my mind has already achieved it, now I just wait for the actual time to pass...

The Velocity Diet so far brought me back the body composition I had 2,5 years ago after eating carb- free for several months and doing gut- busting conditioning.
Not that I do not like both of the above but it´s always nice to have a shortcut. ;-)

One more thing:
My solid meal for the 3rd week will be moved from Saturday to tomorrow, Friday, because Saturday I will be on the road to Munich to attend a Strongman- training- day with some good training- buddies and I do not want to start cooking when I get home at 2300. ;-)

Going to a restaurant for my one meal of the week is out of the question for me.
Simply because this meal has to be treated with respect, meaning I will cook myself, enjoy preparing it as much as eating it.


I guess that´s it for today, folks.
I´ll post the new progression- video and photos on Sunday, so stay tuned.



Train hard and enjoy every moment.
All the best,
Harry

4 Kommentare:

  1. Hi Harry,

    for me your way that you have gone the last 3weeks is still a victory about the mind!

    I'm so impressed by your stability in the velocity diet,once more you earn my respect ;-)

    For myself to think about doing the same way like you it's so far now still a "mission impossible" :-)

    But it is great to read about your velocity diet!

    All the best for the last week and have fun on your day in munich :-)

    Take care!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hi Harry,

    and you won't probably don't have much success with this kind of diet. You miss a lot of nutritions which you need for the detox!

    To be honest I don't think the diet will help you to achieve your body composition goals.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. @Brucedala
    Thank you very much.
    For every moment there is the right tool. As long as you challenge yourself and expand your knowledge about yourself you are set for sucess. ;-)

    Yeah, Munich will be awesome, of course I´ll post a report.

    @bossk
    1)I´m not doing a Detox.
    2)Do you know my body-composition-goals?
    3)please read my Blog-posts carefully. As I stated my primary objective is observing my mindset during the Velocity Diet. My secondary is observing my performance. Only third is a change in body composition.

    The 1st and 2nd objective I can not miss. So to me I´m set up for success.
    Body composition: it has already changed. Period.
    If it does not change any further.Ok...So what?
    I´ll still be several pounds lighter, have the same amount of conditioning and strength and have learnt a ton about myself, my eating habits, my excuses, etc.

    Do not get me wrong, I really appreciate your comment, criticism is always more beneficial than flattering.
    Just make sure we talk about the same thing...

    Take care you two!
    Harry

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I´ll repost a comment from the report from week 2:
    Alwyn Cosgrove said to him(Dan John) after the VD: "Now you can talk about it, because you did it."

    AntwortenLöschen