Dienstag, 12. April 2011

Aha...yeah...but: Why?!

All you guys who do not work out in a sterile fitness studio, who do not only work on the Peck Deck and know Dumbbells can be used for something else beside front- and side- raises, not to mention those who actually have seen a Kettlebell outside of the vast object of virtu called the internet know how people are looking at you if you cut carbs from your diet, or...well...use Kettlebells, do something like Complexes, Interval- training, etc.
Sometimes it can be enough to actually have some sweat running down your forehead to get people looking strange.

Imagine if you have to explain the velocity diet. ;-D


Imagine if you have to explain being on the velocity diet to a bunch of soon-to-be-medical-doctors...
Well... Actually it´s not that different. The M.D.s mostly are as clueless as everybody else but after you explain some details to them they are still trapped in that narrow space called conciousness. So after explaining they think you are an idiot, because they are convinced they know it better.
Of course there are exceptions, but you get what I mean.


This narrow horizon of possible(!) perception called conciousness is the reason I wrote todays blog-post...


Some person, I do not have a name since I heard his statement in a compilation- video on youtube said:

"If you have a golf-ball-size conciousness and you read a book, you will have a golf-ball-size understanding, if you look outside the window a golf-ball-size awareness, when you wake up in the morning a golf-ball-size wakefullness.
But if you could expand this conciousness, then you read the book more understanding, you look out with more awareness, and when you wake up more wakefullness."

I´m constantly trying to expand my conciousness, be it by learning, observing, meditation, physical training, you can add cooking, raising children, whatever...


Therefor I´ve a problem...
I have to re-read too many books. :-D
Because with an increasing understanding, awareness and wakefulness you gain more information from every sentence, every chapter, every book.


Since I now have a lot of time, because I do not eat, I thought I´d give "Never let go" by Dan John (as well as other books I havn´t read before) another shot.
I have to admit, I love this book. To me it is THE ALL-TIME CLASSIC of physical training. every concept you will ever need in training you will find in there. Combine this book with technical proficiency in all your exercises and you are set for everything. Workouts, life, self- improvement, psycho-therapy...


Anyway, back to our golf-ball...

I read the velocity- diet- chapter the other day and stumbled over one paragraph.
Really, I´ve read those words about 6 times before, but this time they made another sense to me...(again...):

Dan wrote:
"If you can do the V- Diet, if you can give up food and booze for 28 days, you can go out and attack any other goals you may have ratteling around in your brain."

And because a combination of factors is always more potent than a single component alone (if chosen wisely) there was another phrase I read which hit me in the face:
"Why?" - "Because Coach said so..."
I never liked that phrase before, it always sounded like an excuse to me but like I said, I must have been running around with a marble and now I upgraded to a golf- ball...


So you know what?
The moment I read those words the last time they spoke to me, to me alone. During this moment they were written only for me.

I may have still a golf-ball ratteling around in my head but that golf- ball does have some crazy plans for the future.
And now, I have a green light to getting all of it done.
Because I will finish the Velocity- Diet. It already has happened in my head. It´s done.
And everything else in my life, no matter how hard it will get, no matter how deep I will be stuck in the ugliest, smelliest sh*t there every was, no matter how hard all those moments will be, I will never have to worry about failure.

Why? Because Coach said so...

Sorry for all those who still have doubt, maybe one day those lines will also make such a sense to you, tell you your story when the time comes but for me all is right.

Why? Because Coach said so...


If Dan every reads this, do not worry. I know all that I have done, am doing and will do is my own choice, never will anyone but me be held accountable for my actions and any results from them. Taking responsibility for ones actions seems to be the first step on a long journey. But a beautiful, rewarding one.



Train hard and enjoy every moment!
All the best,
Harry

2 Kommentare:

  1. I cannot quote Dan John on this, but he once wrote something along the lines of "If you look at a training template: Follow it 10 weeks by the book before you discuss about it." It's only after we immersed ourselves in new experiences we can truly try to understand the concepts behind them.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Alwyn Cosgrove said to him after the VD: "Now you can talk about it, because you did it."

    AntwortenLöschen