Montag, 25. April 2011

Strongman- training

Some things just get you going, make you access reserves you never would or maybe even could tap into on your own...

Doing things you never do can be such a thing.
To me, training alone and mostly using Bodyweight exercises and Kettlebells, Strongman Training with tools and implements I have no access to is such a thing.
Training in a group is as well...

Last Saturday I was able to combine those two strangers when I was invited by a friend, Gregor ( http://www.strongbodyandmind.de/ ), to visit him near Munich and together with other well known crazy trainees we would hit a 6 hour monster training day.


We started light... ;-D

Several Rounds of Tire Flips using a 100+kg Tire and with each round adding Sandbags which added up to 120,140 and 160kg "supersetted " with hand-over-hand Sled- pulls with the Sled weighing 60kg, 80kg, 95kg and finally 110kg...
That was mini- workout number one...

The next part consisted of Strongman Log Clean & Pushpresses.
We didn´t discriminated between Jerks, pushpresses and all that stuff.
Pick it up and get it over your head. Period. Because that is how strength is built.
The workout itself consisted of 60sec with 60kg, rest for 60sec, 45sec with 45kg, rest 75sec and finish with 30sec with 30kg.
I showed some weakness with the heavier weights but was able to beat some of the guys simply because due to my Kettlebell- Training I have got some pretty good endurance and speed with the lighter weights.
But I have to take care of my strength- levels...

Still I hit a personal best when getting 75kg (my current bodyweight) overhead...
The fact that I managed that weight was interesting to me, because I still struggle with 2 32kg Kettlebells.
To me somehow Kettlebells are more difficult to handle than Dumbbells.
But in the end all that matters is getting stronger, getting more enduring, be it with any form of free weights...


The next workout consisted of a 3 round- superset- set- up with 2x 20m Sled Drags (95kg, 110kg and some guys even hit 125kg) and 2x20m Trapbar- Farmer Walk with 110kg.
That one was tough...

The next one was even tougher...
4 Times 2x 20m Trapbar- Framer walk up to 150kg (some guys even hit 180kg!!) and finish with 1 round of max. time Farmer walk with 130kg...


We finished the day with a evil medley designed by Gregor:
For time 7@ Clean and Overhead(Pushpress, Jerk, Powersnatch) with a Thick- bar Dumbbell weighing 32kg, 6x Sandbag Loading on a 122cm platform(I used a 40kg Bag, some even handled a 70kg Sandbag!!) and 5 Keg- Cleans with a 40kg (some went for 50kg)


I was surprised how well I handled myself since I´m still doing the Velocity Diet and am living on Protein- shakes only.
The day after our training was tough because my body was screaming for food to restore itself...Still, I didn´t waver and stuck with my Diet. I received enough protein to restore my muscles and everything else will only help to burn off fat.

All in all it was a great day, I hit several personal bests and I am looking forward to another session when I actually have eaten something. ;-D



Train hard and enjoy every moment!
All the best,
Harry

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen