Samstag, 26. Dezember 2009

Do I love training?

I was prepared for this post with a lot of quotes and clever points.
Well...
I decided to cut that crap (pardon my french) and simply be honest.

Training is certainly a huge part of my life and I say "I love training" quite a lot I think...
But I´ve got to admit, I never really thought that one through.

I talk about it a lot, I want to talk about it a lot. I want to discuss it, gather information about it, want to know it in every aspect possible.
I crave it when not doing it, I´m looking forward to it, sometimes all day long, I crave the calm before the storm and afterwards. I crave the exhaustion, the sweat, the focus, the difficult breathing.
But training just is, exists.
It is just movement of myself and external objects.
Muscular contraction against a variable resistance with different intervals of contraction and relaxation.
Training doesn´t care about me.
I crave for it, miss it, initiate it.

I decide what and when, I decide the intensity, tough I get carried away sometimes.
It´s something brutally honest, something that, at times, almost destroys me.
But in the end I keep coming back stronger.

Give it all you got. The intense moment where one just can be. Complete.
Because it is simple: Extend your arms/legs. Bend your arms/legs. Tighten your abdomen/belly.
Watching something simple remaining simple but becoming difficult; close your hands, open your hands after a 10- minute- Farmers´ Walk with heavy dumbbells or kettlebells.


A focus behind a blurring wall of sweat pouring down from every inch of your body, muscles not even used shaking from sheer exhaustion of the total being.
Focus on bringing all together, exact movement to generate power, energy, on the spot.
Feeling feedback, feeling the kettlebell, the sandbag, the barbell moving, shifting, trembling when you are. Grabbing it tighter, almost to the point you feel your hands melting with the steel, cast iron, canvas, cotton. Harmony... The tighter the grip the more burning flames Inflame your every fiber, crawl up your arms, to your back, to your legs, somehow fill the lungs, one on each side. A honest feedback.
Well... I guess you could call that passion alright.


My goals in training?
Get better!!
Stronger. Faster. More powerful, More enduring. Become Indestructible.
Training itself got no goals itself, none for me.
Training doesn`t exist without me.

Still...I love training.
There... I said it. It´s out there.
I hope me saying this doesn´t ruin our relationship...

Thinking about symbolism, I´m afraid what this means for my general concept of love.
Well...I´ll go work out now.(Don´t say "make love"...Get your thoughts out of the gutter!)
I post a video on You...YouTUBE i guess...



Train hard and enjoy life!
All the best,
Harry

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen