Dienstag, 2. März 2010

Regeneration - Qi Gong

While some of my colleagues enjoyed their well- earned semester break I took an additional class about Traditional Chinese Medicine offered by the Medical University in Graz.

One class I especially enjoyed:
Qi Gong with Dr. med. Xiaoqiu LI.
He is a master in Wushu and Daoyin Yangsheng Gong, National Wushu- and Sanda- Champion.
http://www.taijili.at/

And somehow we were honored to learn the basic QiGong- Form with him for several hours.


I usually dread getting out of bed even one minute earlier but actually feeling what Qi Gong can do for you and managing one time trying it first thing in the morning (which requires getting out of bed 15minutes earlier each day) convinced me to make it a fixed point in my daily regime.

One saying always comes to my mind when I breath, feel and move my way out of the morning fog in my head into the light of a new energy in myself:
"You got to learn how to rest hard to be able to train hard."


Now I´ll be able to train somewhat harder because I learned to take 15 minutes each day aside to do something which will not build muscle, which will not increase my work capacity, which will not make me tougher... Well...at least not by itself.
But put together with my other intense workouts each week it forms a formula for success.


Working hard and resting hard to gain as much as possible!
Between your joints and between your ears!

Train hard and enjoy life!
All the best,
Harry

2 Kommentare:

  1. Very well said, Harry.

    I firmly believe in the power of a morning ritual of whatever form to cast away the fog that surrounds the mind at that time.

    For me, this routine consists of yogic sun salutations. They loosen up my limbs, give my body a warm feeling and take me to the here and now, ultimately seperating me from the dreamworld where I no longer belong to.

    All the best,
    Simon

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Thank you.

    Yoga is indeed another great option to really waking up.
    It takes the focus, as you said, to the body, enhances circulation, changes the frequency and strength of the heartbeat and helps one to shift the focus first out of the head to the body and then out into the world.

    All the best to you,
    Harry

    BTW: I´m looking forward to the 17th of april as well as the Camp at the end of April!
    It´s gonna be hellish and we will love it! ;-D

    AntwortenLöschen