Dienstag, 23. Februar 2010

Nutrition

Most of the time I try not to make too much fuss about what to eat, when to eat, food combinations and whatever "important" point I just missed.

But several things brought me back to the topic:

- I suffered from a severe "disturbance" of my gastro- intestinal- tract. (Lets put it this way: the only exercise I could do for several days where quarter- squats on the toilet and one- arm- waterbottle-curls, to throw in some variations I used a teacup for some of the curls)

- I read two interesting articles about food and food- timing during the last two days.

- I read a good amount of the book "Primeal Body - Primeal Mind" by Nora T. Gedgaudas. As far as I got she covered the importance of Fats in your diet, as well as reasons why carbs are not necessary.


I´m not that arrogant yet to start to explain why fats are bad and carbs make no sense when you look at your biochemical- puzzle called Human Body.
Yes, I´m a future doctor but my love there lies with the psychiatry, so I know for sure I´m a little crazy but that is it.

Some things I understand with the basic chemical and biochemical knowledge I got and when I look at the way humanity, as a species, went to get were we are today:

What to eat:
I´ll keep that one simple:
-meat
-fish
-eggs
-vegetables
-some fruit (do not go crazy here...)
-raw milk or milk- products made from raw- milk.
Quality is more important than quantity.
That´s it.

When to eat:
Eat when you are hungry.
That´s it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1250798/How-fasting-help-slow-ageing-process.html#ixzz0gFVKEAzj


And check out the link above.
It´s about intermitted fasting, meaning not eating anything every other day.
Well...If a primitive caveman could deal with it, you can do.

Even in the bible they set certain times during the year where you were told to cut down on your intake an give the body a chance to clear some of the mess up you create when eating junk.

Also quite an amount of research is done investigating how fasting influcences your risk of getting some type of cancer.
As far as we know, FASTING WILL HELP PREVENT EVERY TYPE OF CANCER, since all cancer cells got one thing in common: they need sugar aka carbs.
You don´t need to stop eating but throw in a fasting day once or twice a week where you only drink water, some high quality tea, maybe a small yogurt from raw milk.



Where to get this stuff:

http://science.orf.at/stories/1640148

Check your local Farmers´ Market.
You will get stuff there cheaper and will experience a quality impossible to find in supermarket- products.
Plus you will do something good for your planet.(see link above)








Nutrition is key.
It will not only teach you how your body and mind can work at peak capacity, it will also teach you a good deal about life.
But more on that some other time when we talk about life- coaching.

Train hard and enjoy life!
All the best,
Harry

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen