Samstag, 3. Juli 2010

Bodyweight or weights?

If you take a look into several internet- fitness- platforms you will find one topic over and over again:

"I want to get really fit, lose my "musculus gösseri" ( an austrian figure of speech aka beer- belly) and put on about 20lbs of muscle till next month but please not more because all those bodybuilders are so disgusting.
What do you think, should I stick to bodyweight- exercises or use weights to bulk up?"


Well... I won´t talk about the "bulking up".


About the choice of tools:
Why choose?

I just got out of the shower after a workout including both weights and bodyweight- exercises.

After some time, I did a EDT- style- workout again.

For 10min I alternated Suitcase Deadlifts with two 24kg Kettlebells and Jumping Lunges.
Do 10 reps of the first, do 10 reps of the second for the given time.
My legs kinda felt like made of steel... Rock- hard and almost unable to be bent.

After a rest period (I took 10min) the second 10min Set consisted of 3 reps One- arm- Military Presses on each side with the 24kg Bell and 3 Pullups.
Again, do as many sets of perfect form during the give time frame.


I love to combine weights and BWE- stuff in one workout!! It´s a constant challenge for the body, adapting to the different kinds of resistances.


Do not limit yourself to one choice, incorporate the best of all the stuff out there into your world.
(I´m not just talking training, as usual...)


Train hard and enjoy life!!

All the best,
Harry

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen