Dienstag, 13. April 2010

Back to basics - again

Well... I guess we all have to go back to the basics now and then.
I´m not just talking about life here.

To evolve, to develop new skills, new mindsets, make new experiences... All this leads to a new person every day. Every day our brain, a organ with a magnificant plasticity, changes connections between cells, allowing higher functions like conciousness to express themselves in a new way.

Some people are afraid to turn back, be it in life or training.

Like going down with the weight you are using...

Many people get injured because their ego cannot accept the fact that they are not ready for certain external loads.
(Watch out, I am not talking about training in the last sentence, but I guess you already knew that, didn´t you?!)

To go back for a brief time, sometimes is a good thing.
It shows you where you come from, how you started.
Hopefully you know where you are at this point.

Because knowing two points in your life, the one you started at and where you are right now gives you a two-point-connection or lets call it a way walked.
How you went this way, what brought you forward, what made you take steps back, what obstructed it, what cleared it up...

Those are the things you can see when taking a few steps back... Literally or not.


I did this in my last training.
I ditched the weights for my conditioning and used the only tool always availiable: myself. :-D
Bodyweight exercises with high reps, either in one "run-through" or chunked like you see in the video below develop an amazing base for everything life can through at you.





Train hard and enjoy life!
All the best,
Harry

1 Kommentar: